Insomnia and Sleep Problems
Dr. Seuss' Sleep Book
"Deliberately calculated to make its readers yawn. No one could resist those zillions of astonishing sleepyheads."--The New York Times.
Full of wonderful yawning creatures who spread sleep thoughts at bedtime, this book is the perfect remedy for children who don't want to go to sleep.
Fall Asleep, Stay Asleep: Clinically Proven, Guided Visualizations [CD]
This CD was recently shown in clinical trials to significantly help listeners fall asleep faster, improve sleep duration by an average of 42 minutes, and reduce the amount of sleeping aids used.
Healing Night: The Science and Spirit of Sleeping, Dreaming, and Awakening
Lumie Bodyclock STARTER 30 Wake-up Light Alarm Clock
- Bodyclock alarm clock wakes you with a natural, gradually brightening light - helping you feel refreshed, alert and energised all day
- Light cues your body to produce more cortisol, setting a healthy sleep/wake cycle, aiding early mornings and beating winter blues
- 30 minute sunrise and sunset options, dimmable bedside light, snooze function, back up beeper
- Certified Medical Device (class 1) designed and manufactured by Lumie, the inventors of the Bodyclock integrated dawn simulator
- Comes with 2 year guarantee
Natural Sleep Inducement [MP3 Download]
Overcoming Insomnia and Sleep Problems: A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques
Extensive research conducted over 25 years has established Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) as the treatment of choice for insomnia. For the first time, proven CBT principles have been brought together by a practising clinician in a comprehensive self-help manual. In a clear step-by-step approach, new patterns of relaxation, sleeping and waking are quickly learnt.
"'The advantages of CBT over hypnotics [sedatives] include the following:...CBT treats the causes of insomnia and produces long-term improvements in sleep; CBT has no side effects.' -- Dr Gregg Jacobs, Sleep Psychologist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center