Exercise and Physical Activity
Kettlebells - York
- The York Kettlebell helps develops functional strength, power, endurance, core stability and balance whilst increasing calorie burn - The total workout tool
- Ergo designed comfort handle
- Anti slip base
- Colour coded for ease of use and safety in clubs
- Each comes with a full colour workout chart
Kettlebells For Dummies
With numerous step–by–step photos throughout, Kettlebells For Dummies gives you everything you need to use kettlebells to safely improve strength, endurance, flexibility, joint durability, agility, mobility, athletic movement, and proper body alignment. Whether you′re in your teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 60s and beyond, you′ll discover how this fast–growing fitness phenomenon can boost your metabolism and help you lose weight by mastering numerous kettlebell exercises.
- One of the most effective workouts for burning fat, building lean muscle, and achieving core strength
- One–hour workout can burn as much as 1,000 calories
- Named one of the most popular fitness trends in 2009
Whether you′re a self–proclaimed gym rat or have never lifted a weight, Kettlebells For Dummies shows you that it′s easy to use kettlebells to achieve a full–body workout that yields amazing results.
Omron Walking Style Pro Pedometer
- USB-interface to download the data into the Omron Health Management software
- 41 days data memory
- Memory of minutes in Aerobic mode - to track and record special activities
- Includes software and USB cable to down load the data to a PC, please note if using an Intel based Mac Windows must be running under 'Bootcamp'
- Suitable for aerobic walking
- A combination of different parameters in newly developed health management software
Pedometer Walking: Stepping to Health with Pedometers
Mark Fenton, television personality and author of the best-selling "Complete Guide to Walking", teams up with top exercise researcher, David R Bassett, to help readers get moving. These guys know what works, and they've got pedometers on the brain. During the last ten years, pedometer use has grown exponentially. 'Step counting' broke into the exercise vocabulary when Oprah started sporting her own pedometer, and the mania has only grown. Ten years ago there were five pedometers on the market; today there are dozens. But what to do with them? Hearing the cries for solid information, authors David R Bassett and Mark Fenton have stepped up.
Covered in this guide are a history of step counting - Jefferson was a fan, and a pedometer was designed by Leonardo da Vinci - advice on choosing a pedometer, and a guide to starting a pedometer program, with looks at successful ones in the US, Australia, and Europe. Most important maybe the chapters treating the tremendously successful 10,000-steps-per-day programs initiated in Japan, as well as the modifications it needs to work for children and senior citizens.
Aside from the pedometer itself, "Pedometer Walking" may be one of the most important exercise tools in years.
Pilates For Life [DVD]
Darcey Bussell, international ballet star, teaches us pilates
Darcey takes us through the art of pilates in this excellent DVD. We are introduced to Darcey at her home in South Africa with some lifestyle footage with her family as she explains her passion for pilates. We are then taken through a warm-up, given various pilates techniques, a full routine, plus routines targeting specific body parts and finally a warm-down.